Information notice regarding the processing of personal data
Life in Codes (“we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting your personal data. This information notice on the processing of personal data explains how your personal data information is collected, used, and disclosed by Life in Codes.
Definitions and key termsIn order to make the content of this Information Note as clear as possible, whenever any of these terms are referred to, they are strictly defined as:
- Cookie: a small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. This data is used to identify your browser, to provide analytics, to retain information about you, such as language preferences or login information.
- Company: when this policy mentions “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”, it refers to Life in Codes OÜ, Keemia tn 4, 10616, Tallinn, Estonia, and Life in Codes Solutions SRL, J52 /609/2013, RO32426790, Bld Independentei, bl 106, sc A, ap 19, cam 1, Giurgiu, Romania, as associated Operators, responsible for your information in accordance with this information notice.
- Country: the place where Life in Codes or the owners/founders of Life in Codes is based, in this case Estonia and Romania.
- Customer: means the company, organization or individual that registers to use the Life in Codes Service to manage relationships with consumers or users of the Services.
- Device: any device connected to the Internet, such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device that can be used to visit Life in Codes and use the Services.
- IP Address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a specific number called an Internet Protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually allocated according to geographical blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device connects to the Internet.
- Staff: refers to those persons who are employed by Life in Codes or who are under contract to perform a service on behalf of one of the parties.
- Personal data: any information that, directly, indirectly or in connection with other information – including a personal information, personal identification number – allows the identification or possibility of identification of a natural person.
- Service: refers to the service provided by Life in Codes as described in those terms (if available) and on this Platform.
- Third Party Service: This refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may be of interest to you.
- Website: The “Life in Codes” website, which can be accessed via this URL: https://lifeincodes.com.
- You: an individual or the individual representative of an entity that is registered with Life in Codes to use the Services.
What information do we collect?We collect information from you when you visit our website, register on our website, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form, or when you attend events organized by us.
- Name / Username
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Function or job
- Location (GPS): Location data helps create an accurate representation of your interests and can be used to deliver more targeted and relevant ads to potential customers.
How do we use the information we collect?All information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we constantly strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us respond more effectively to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other feature of the Site
- To send periodic emails
- When you contact us via the form on the website to place an order – we collect data about your name, telephone number and email address – which we need to respond to your requests. When you browse our website, the purpose of collecting statistical information is our legitimate interest to know the performance of our website, to see how we can provide better information and service to our customers, to observe trends and to identify problems with our navigation system, our pages or our server. When you contact us through the form on the website, the purpose of collecting your data is the need to respond to your requests and to take the necessary steps to conclude a service contract for the provision of our services or for another contractual relationship future between you and us. The legal basis for the collection of your data when you contact us is Article 6 (1) point b) GDPR, which states that the processing is necessary for the execution of a contract to which the data subject is a party or to take steps at the data subject’s request prior to the conclusion a contract. Refusal to provide us with your name, telephone number and email when you contact us will result in us not being able to respond.
- When you contact us directly as a representative of a legal entity for the provision of our services The data are collected in order to be able to communicate within the activities preceding the conclusion of a service contract and within the activities of the service contract, after its signing. We base our processing on the legitimate interest pursued by us. This basis of the processing is provided by art. 6 para. (1) lit. f) from Regulation (EU) 2016/679. Our legitimate interest is to initiate collaboration contracts with legal entity clients and to realize the object of these contracts under the best conditions. As a result, it is inevitable that in order to carry out these activities we will interact with natural persons like you, representatives of the companies, whether they are administrators or other persons appointed by the company to carry out the activities of the service contracts.
- When you contact us as a representative of a legal entity to develop partnerships The data is collected in order to be able to communicate within the activities preceding the conclusion of a collaboration contract and within the activities of the collaboration contract, after its signing. We base our processing on the legitimate interest pursued by us. This basis of the processing is provided by art. 6 para. (1) lit. f) from Regulation (EU) 2016/679. Our legitimate interest is to initiate collaboration contracts with legal entity partners and to realize the object of these contracts in the best conditions. As a result, it is inevitable that in order to carry out these activities we will interact with natural persons like you, representatives of the companies, whether they are administrators or other persons appointed by the company to carry out the activities of the service contracts.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter We collect data about your name and e-mail address – which we need to register you in our database and send you the newsletter. The purpose of collecting your data when you register for a consultation is to send you information about new articles published on our website, our events and news about our services, at your request. The legal basis for collecting your data when you subscribe to the newsletter is Article 6 (1) point a) GDPR, your express consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by pressing the Unsubscribe button, which you will find in every email you receive.
- When you register to participate in our events The purpose of collecting your data is the need to register for the event and to take the necessary steps for your participation in the event. The legal basis for collecting your data when you register for an event organized by us is Article 6 (1) point b) GDPR, which states that the processing is necessary for the execution of a contract to which the data subject is a party or to take steps to the request of the data subject before the conclusion of a contract. We share the information we collect with third parties – who else gets your data and why We share your information with our partner in providing our main services – Atlassian – an Australian company with offices in Asia-Pacific, North America and Europe. For detailed information on Atlassian’s processing of personal data, please read Atlassian’s policy here: https://www.atlassian.com/legal/privacy-policy
Transfer of personal data outside the European UnionPersonal information may be processed by partner companies operating outside the European Economic Area for the purposes mentioned above. If we provide any personal information to such persons, we have a duty to take appropriate steps to ensure that the recipient of the information adequately protects your personal information. These measures include the conclusion of standard contractual agreements with them approved by the European Commission.
How long do we keep your information?We only keep your information for as long as we need it to provide you with the Life in Codes services and to fulfill the purposes described in this document. This also applies to anyone with whom we share your information and who performs services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and we no longer need to keep it to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, we will delete it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we cannot identify you. Also, in relation to the use of your email address for marketing purposes, we will retain your data as long as you do not use the Unsubscribe option in the emails you receive from us. After Unsubscribing, we delete your email from our database.
How do we protect your information?We implement a variety of security measures to keep your personal information safe when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We ensure the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information provided is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted in our payment providers’ database to be accessed only by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and who are bound to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financial data, etc.) is never kept on file. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of the information you transmit to Life in Codes, nor can we guarantee that your information cannot be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of our physical, technical security, or managerial protection.
Is the information collected through the Life in Codes service secure?We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help protect, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and use your information correctly. However, neither humans nor security systems are infallible, including encryption systems. In addition, people may commit intentional crimes, make mistakes, or fail to follow policies. Therefore, although we make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Remarketing servicesWe use remarketing services. What is remarketing? In digital marketing, remarketing (or retargeting) is the practice of serving advertisements on the Internet to people who have already visited your website. This allows the company to appear to be “following” people around the internet, showing them ads on the sites and platforms they use most often.
- Local storage Local storage, sometimes known as DOM storage, provides web applications with methods and protocols for storing data on the client side. Web storage supports extended data storage, similar to cookies, but with a much larger capacity and no information stored in the HTTP request header.
- Sessions Life in Codes uses “Sessions” to identify the areas of our website that you have visited. A Session is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser.
Your legal rights
- The right to be informed (provided by art. 15 of Regulation (EU) no. 2016/679) – means that you have the right to know who, how, and in what way processes your personal data.
- The right of access to data (provided by art. 15 of Regulation (EU) no. 2016/679) – means that you have the right to obtain a confirmation from us that we are or are not processing your personal data and if so, you have access to the respective data and to information on the manner in which we process your data.
- The right to rectification (provided by art. 16 of Regulation (EU) no. 2016/679) – means that you have the right to obtain from us the correction, without undue delay, of inaccurate personal data. The rectification will be communicated to each recipient to whom the data were transmitted unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate efforts.
- The right to data deletion (“the right to be forgotten”) (provided by art. 17 of Regulation (EU) no. 2016/679) – means that you have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, without unjustified delays.You have this right when: (a) the data are no longer necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected and processed, (b) you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing, (c) you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate reasons to continue processing or (4) your data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restriction of processing (provided by art. 18 of Regulation (EU) no. 2016/679) – means that you have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing, when one of the following cases applies: (a) dispute the accuracy of the data, for a period that allows us to verify the correctness of the data; (b) the processing is unlawful and you object to the deletion of the personal data, requesting the restriction instead; (c) in case your personal data was no longer needed for the purpose of processing, but you request them from us for establishing, exercising or defending a right in court; (d) if you object to the processing for the time period in which it is checked whether our legitimate rights prevail over your rights.
- The right to data portability (provided by art. 20 of Regulation (EU) no. 2016/679) – means that you have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us and that we process under a contract or consent, by automated means. You have the right to receive this information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit this data to another operator without hindrance from us.
- The right to object (provided by art. 21 of Regulation (EU) no. 2016/679) – means that you have the right to object to the processing of personal data, especially when we use it with your consent as a legal basis.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects that concern or affect you to a significant extent.
- The right to file a complaint with the National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing, B-dul G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru 28-30, Sector 1, postal code 010336, Bucharest, Romania, e-mail: anspdc[email protected], phone: +40.318.059.211 or +40.318.059.212.
Please also consider the following:Time frame: We will try to respond to your request within 30 days. However, the deadline may be extended for specific reasons related to the complexity of your request. When this period is extended, we will inform you of the extension period and the reason why we have extended the period. Access restriction: In certain situations, we may not be able to provide you with access to all or some of your personal data due to legal requirements. If we refuse your access request, we will inform you of the reason for the refusal. Inability to identify you: In some cases, we may not be able to search your personal data because of the identifiers you provide in your request. We will inform you of this situation and give you the opportunity to provide, if necessary, additional information to identify you.
Contact us:Feel free to contact us if you have any questions. By email: [email protected]
Discover the joy of collaborative working
We are your experienced and certified local partner and we are determined to find the best solution for your challenges.